TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1600
HDD class: 4 – 6 tons, pit launch machine
Pit launched machine TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1600 – Strong and compact design
The compact HDD system TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1600 is one of the most powerful and most productive compact HDD systems, which is available worldwide. Powered by a proven 33 HP strong KUBOTA Diesel engine the MJ 1600 offers up to 6 tons of thrust and pullback force, 1.600 Nm of torque and a maximum spindle speed of 125 rpm. With its 52 ltr/min high pressure pump you can drill up to 50 m and backream up to 300 mm (depending on ground).
Due to its compact design the MJ 1600 can work out of a pit with dimensions of only 1.3 m x 1.3 m. The small footprint and the reduced noise level at the operator’s ear make the TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1600 user friendly and sustainable. The fast set up time and the increased movability helps you to operate your machine also in urban areas or family‘s backyard.
Double cylinder drive (patented)
Thrust and backreaming of the driving saddle happens by a direct double cylinder drive. This is free of losses, strong and reliable. This new idea from TERRA allows maximum drilling and backreaming forces. The double cylinder operates in both directions with 6 tons.
The drill rod connector is equipped with a subsaver. The replacement of the subsaver goes quick and is inexpensive.
The MJ 1600 is fixed with four hydraulic cylinders into the pit. The integrated check valves assure that the machine cannot move in the pit.
Clear control panel
All components of the MINI-JET are clearly arranged. The integrated electrical control of the the drilling volume takes place by the control panel. For the locating monitor there is a 12 voltage connection. The launching cradle is equipped with a grounding stake and an electrical strike alarm. The automatic drilling and backreaming system adjust the speed within milliseconds to the ground. With this drilling assistant system even difficult drills can be done.
Fluid Rock Drilling
The MJ 1600 can be equipped with a fluid rock drilling hammer. With this hammer even rock drilling or drilling in mixed ground conditions is no problem. The control panel has an optional integrated connection for the air compressor.
High quality drill rods
The special drill rods of the MINI-JET are 0,5 m long. They are milled out of one single piece of steel. A bending radius of 15 m can be achieved – also unique worldwide. The drill rod guidance ensures a long lifetime of your drill rods.
Kubota Diesel Power Pack
Powered by a proven 3 cylinder KUBOTA Diesel engine with 24 kW (33 HP) the MJ 1600 operates fast and reliable. The main features of the Power Pack are:
• the Diesel engine operates at 2’500 r.p.m.
• electrical adjustment of the engine speed
• low Diesel fuel consumption
• with 2 independent hydraulic circuits
• service friendly
Mixing and Pumping Station
• with separate 1’100 ltr-tank for Bentonite or Ejactomer
• with support plate for 2 bags of Bentonite each 25 kg
• the Bentonite can be easily filled into the funnel mixing pump with 800 ltr/min
• injector (venturi jet)
• 1’100 ltr of drilling fluid are mixed with Bentonite within 4 minutes high pressure drilling fluid pump of FMC
• maximum drilling fluid volume: 38 ltr/min
• maximum drilling fluid pressure: 55 bar
Surface launch equipment
• For surface launch
• Entry angle adjustable between 0°- 45°
• With two anchoring plates
• The anchoring plates are adjustable in every longitudinal position
• For TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1400 and MJ 1600
• Weight: 132 kg
• Dimensions: L=1.25 m, W=1.18 m
• optional for all TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1400 and MJ 1600
• can be connected to the arm of an excavator or a mini excavator
• allows very fast installation of the HDD machine in the pit
• the MINI-JET may be driven by the hydraulics of the excavator
• the excavator frame is slid onto the TERRA MINI-JET and connected easily
• rotates 360° by a hydraulic motor
• dimensions: L x W x H = 1.20 m x 0.71 m x 1.75 m
• weight: 240 kg