TERRA-JACK 125 Rod Pusher 12.5 to (27’000 lb)
The ideal machine for your house connections – TERRA-JACK TJA 125
The TERRA-JACK TJA 125 stays in between an underground piercing tool and a small HDD pit launched machine. The directional rod pusher TERRA-JACK 125 is designed for directional house connections and road crossings in lengths up to 30 m. The bore channel can be expanded up to 130 mm. It is like a small HDD pit launched machine but doesn’t require bentonite because it only displaces the ground like a mole. On the other hand it is like an underground piercing tool which you can steer. The ground must be easily displaceable.
Rod clamp with swivel joint
The directional rod pusher pushes a drill rod through with 12.5 tonnes through the ground. The drill head cuts a bore channel into the ground and displaces the underground. It works very well in clay, sand or loose gravel. The drill head has an asymmetric directional area at its front. The rods can be rotated with the hand lever, this rotates the directional area of the drill head. This allows steering or straight drilling. The electrical sonde in the drill head makes continuous locating of the drill head possible. You can steer the bore by stopping the rotation of the drill head, when the directional area points into the required direction. If the drill head is pushed through the ground without rotation, the drill head steers sideways along its directional area. This allows bending radiuses of r = 25 m.
The extension frame is used for pit operations. It protects the drill rods from dirt.
The control box controls the hydraulic cylinders. It is assembled between the hydraulic power pack and the TERRA-JACK. You can reel the hydraulic houses (below) and the remote cable with the battery cables (on top).
To drill out of a cellar, the wall flange is screwed tight against the cellar wall. The TERRA-JACK is carried into the cellar and screwed and connected tight with the wall flange via four bolts.
Bores From Manholes
The TERRA-JACK can be assembled in a manhole Ø 800 mm or Ø 1000 mm. This allows directional bores from manholes.
• Petrol engine with 15 HP (11.4 kW)
• Electric starter and battery
• Hydraulic oil: 23 ltr/min @ 190 bar
• Hydraulic tank: 30 ltr
• Oil cooler with manometer (gauge)
• Galvanized frame
• Dimensions: L x W x H = 820 x 600 x 500 mm L x W x H = 32.3″” x 23.6″” x 20″”
• Weight: 84 kg (without hydraulic oil, without petrol)
• Weight: 118 kg (with hydraulic oil, full petrol tank)
• The drilling tools for the TERRA-JACK 125 fulfil highest quality standards, to finish even difficult push-bores successfully.
• Drill head In the drill head there is the slim sonde for the location of the pilot bore. We offer different directional heads for different ground conditions.
• Expander cones with expander stars The expander cone must be minimum 10 % larger than the outer diameter of the new pipe. Depending on ground conditions special expander stars may be used in front of the expander cone.
• Expander cones without expander stars Depending on the ground conditions the expander cone is also used without the expander star. In the expander cone there is the pulling adapter for the new pipe.